*Included with all bundle offerings.
Caller ID lets you see the calling party’s phone number and name or phone number only, before answering a call. A special display device located on or next to your phone is required to allow you to view the phone number and name or phone number only.
Notice: Caller ID service is susceptible to fraud known as Caller ID “spoofing”. Disreputable persons can deliberately falsify the caller ID number to disguise the identity of the caller. Congress is currently considering new laws to take action against spoofers. For more information, search for “spoofing” under the www.fcc.gov.
- Wait for the start of the second full ring of your phone set.
- The calling party’s name and number will appear on the display.
Note: Caller ID unit or compatible phone is required with this service.
Prevents your number from being displayed on someone’s caller ID.
When a customer has call blocking on their line, they must dial a code to allow their number to be displayed.
Prevents incoming calls from ringing your line. Only callers you have given your personal code to may override the feature and ring your phone.
Privacy Defender has two forms of call screening features:
Screens calls that are marked “private” or “no data”. Callers are asked to record their name to ring to your phone.
Intercepts all calls with an announcement stating “please press 8 to confirm that you are not a telemarketer”.
Forward your incoming calls to another location when you are away from home. You control the forwarding of your calls to any number, including your cell phone (long distance charges will apply) or pager.
- Call Forwarding All Calls Forward all incoming calls to another number.
- Call Forwarding Busy Line Forwards to another number when your line is busy.
- Call Forwarding No Answer Set your phone to forward to another number after a designated number of rings.
- Call Forwarding Remote Forward your phone from a different location.
- Press *72.
- Enter the phone number where you want calls to be forwarded.
- Press #, then listen for two beeps.
- Hang up.
To Cancel Call Forwarding:
1. Press *73.
2. Listen for two beeps followed by a dial tone, meaning your calls are no longer being transferred.
Your phone rings with a distinctive pattern every time you get a call from someone on your “special list.” All other calls ring the normal way. And, if you have call waiting, you will hear a distinctive call waiting signal when your “favorites” call.
This feature allows you to have up to four phone numbers with unique ringing patterns (and unique Call Waiting tones if you have the Call Waiting feature) to differentiate between the calls. Great for teens or roommates.
This feature allows the phone to automatically dial a preprogrammed number if the phone is knocked off the hook for more than 15 seconds. Ideal for the elderly, handicapped, or disabled to signal for help without having to dial a number.
This feature allows the phone to automatically dial a preprogrammed number just by lifting the handset. Ideal for the elderly, handicapped, or disabled to signal for help without having to dial a number.
Allows you to put an on-going conversation on hold, and call another number or answer a waiting call.
Allows you to automatically request a trace of an obscene, threatening, or harassing call. After receiving such a call, you simply dial a special code to have the calling party’s phone number printed at Garden Valley. There is a $1.00 charge for each successful Call Trace that is investigated.
Allows you to consolidate up to six telephone numbers giving you the tools to integrate your home, cell and office phone so that you can be reached no matter where you are. One call rings all phones at the same time or in an order that you choose. You give people just one phone number – your landline number – and answer calls with the phone that’s most convenient for you. Long distance charges will apply if call is being forwarded to a long distance number.
You’ll never miss another call while you’re on the phone. With call waiting, a “beep” alerts you to another incoming call. Put your first call “on hold” while you answer the second call. If you are making an important call and do not want to be disturbed by incoming calls, you can activate cancel call waiting to temporarily turn off the call waiting service.
- To put the first call on hold, press and release the disconnect button on your phone. You will automatically connect with the second call.
- To alternate between calls, simply press the disconnect button again.
- To end either call, simply hang up.
This features allows you and two other parties to hold a conversation at the same time. It works with local and/or long distance calls.
Place phone calls using one or two digit numbers. You have the option of an 8 number or 30 number speed dial list.
This feature allows you to redial the last number called for up to 30 minutes.
Allows you to control who you do or do not receive calls from.
- Selective Call Acceptance You create a list of phone numbers from which you wish to receive calls. All other callers will receive a recording that you are not receiving calls at this time. You can add, delete, or change numbers on your list at any time.
- Selective Call Forwarding Build a list of up to six numbers that will be forwarded to another location.
- Selective Call Rejection Create a list of phone numbers from which you do not wish to receive calls. These callers will get a recording that you are not receiving calls at this time. Numbers on your list can be modified at any time.
You get all the benefits of 3-way calling, plus it allows you to transfer a call to another number and hang up without disconnecting the other two parties.
- Press and release the disconnect button on your phone.
- Wait for the three beeps and a steady dial tone.
- Dial the transfer-to number.
- When the line begins to ring, you can either wait for the third party to answer or hang up to transfer the call.
Note: If a call is transferred to a number that is long distance, toll charges will be incurred by the party transferring the call.
An announcement can be placed on your telephone number notifying callers that your number has changed for a period of up to 60 days.
This feature allows you to call or transfer a call to another extension on the same line. A distinctive ringing pattern is given when either of the two intercom codes is dialed.