Telephone Payments & Disconnect Policy
- Acceptable Use Policy for Internet
- Business Lease and Direct Sales Terms and Conditions
- Cellular Hearing Aid Compatibility (HAC)
- Cellular Terms and Conditions
- Corporate By-Laws
- Customer Proprietary Network Information (CPNI)
- FCC User Interface Accessibility Compliance Guide
- FCC Innovative Systems Video Compliance Statement
- Federal Communications Commission
- GVTV Privacy Rights Notice
- Internet Net Neutrality Disclosure
- Interstate and International Long Distance Terms and Conditions
- Minnesota Relay
- Mobile Internet Service Policies
- Statement of Nondiscrimination and Equal Employment Opportunity
- Telephone Payments & Disconnect Policy
- Universal Service Annual Notice
When Are Payments Due?
Payment of the current charges on GVT bills is due WITHIN 20 DAYS after the billing date on your statement. Any previous balance noted on your bill is past due and due immediately.
What Is GVT’s Disconnect Policy?
What is GVT’s Disconnect Policy? 1. If payment is not received as stated above, a subscriber’s service(s) shall become subject to DISCONNECT PROCEDURES. 2. To avoid disconnection of services, GVT must receive payment of the past due amount by the date stated on the FINAL DISCONNECT NOTICE on your bill. 3. In the event a service is disconnected because payment is not made in accordance with this policy, a service charge, plus applicable charges due, must be paid to reinstate service. 4. If an account is paid via an NSF (non-sufficient funds) check, GVT will attempt to contact the subscriber one time to notify them that the check is NSF and to remind them of the amount due plus the NSF check charge before disconnection. If the subscriber cannot be contacted, service(s) will be subject to disconnect procedures. The NSF check charge must be paid prior to having service(s) reconnected.
Security Deposit Requirements
A subscriber who is disconnected for non-payment twice within a period of 12 consecutive months may be required to pay a security deposit before service is reinstated. A security deposit will consist of one month’s local service charges, plus an amount equal to the toll charges for the last two months preceding disconnection for existing subscribers. These rules governing the payment of bills have been established by GVT and CANNOT BE CHANGED BY ANY EMPLOYEE of the cooperative. As members of a cooperative, GVT subscribers must share all costs, including special collection expenses and losses resulting from unpaid bills. This policy is in the interest of fairness to GVT subscribers, most of whom regularly pay their bills promptly each month. Compliance with the payment rules can save members, and the Company, the time and expense of special collection procedures and the inconvenience of interrupted service. The cooperation of all subscribers is very much appreciated!
Having trouble paying your telephone bill?
If you are a low-income household or are enrolled in government programs, like SNAP or Medical Assistance, you qualify!
Contact us about the Telephone Assistance Plan discount.