Call in and let us know what the channel is; we will add it to our customer request list and if enough people request it we might be able to add it.
Yes. It has to be on the same property as the home and construction and other equipment charges may apply; call for details.
We do not require a contract. We do require a 2-year commitment if you select the free installation option, which includes installation of up to 3 TVs, pending approved credit. Additional TVs would be charged for time and material.
You can put your service on suspend for up to 6 months in a 12-month period; billing automatically restarts after 6 months. You may terminate your service for any period of time if you are not in a commitment, but equipment must be returned to our office and charges would apply to reinstall the equipment and restore service.
Restart TV is a free service that allows you to restart a program from the beginning that has already started. You can restart a program prior to it ending, and even choose to record it from the beginning, if you subscribe to our DVR service.
Each programmer commonly has 6 to 10 channels and dictates by contract that we broadcast all of them. We use reports to watch if there are channels that are not watched and work with programmers to reduce rates or drop channels based on these viewership reports.
This is a cost recovery fee for time it takes to make programming changes on a per customer basis.
We are always evaluating what channels to add and remove. When we removed MTV they had 23 channels; 5 of those channels had never been tuned into by any customer and another 12 of them were tuned into on a very rare occasion. MTV charges a very high rate for these channels and until they remove the must carry requirement of these 5 channels, it is unlikely we would add them back to our channel lineup.
We provide a remote for each TV that has GVTV service and they are universal, so we can program it to operate all of your television functions.
Yes, with GVTV Everywhere you can stream your favorite programming while on vacation, at the mall, airport, hotel, or anywhere you have an internet connection. Visit https://www.gvtel.com/video/gvtv-everywhere/ to see a list of compatible channels.
Yes, you can on any smart device.
- Click on Account Login, from the top of the page. Then click ‘TV Account Login’
- Login is your phone number 218-XXX-XXXX
- Password is the last four digits of your phone number XXXX
This will bring you to your guide where you can record a program away from home.
Occasionally this will happen and unfortunately this is out of GVT’s control as the programming is controlled by the network and its affiliates.
GVT does currently offer PPV events on channel 951 and 1951 (HD). Call Garden Valley Technologies to set up your account.
GVT school and local content channels are now available for live streaming from your PC, laptop, tablet, or mobile device. Live Stream Community Content can be found HERE: https://www.gvtel.com/video/livestream/
To enjoy viewing you will need an Internet signal (10 MB or higher is recommended for best performance). After August 1, 2020, in order to access live streaming, you will need to subscribe to at least one GVT service and register for a GVT E-bill username and password. Your E-bill username and password will be used to access the live streaming and allow you to view your bills online. It is not necessary, or required, that you pay your bill using E-bill in order to view live community content.
If you have any questions please give us a call at 800-448-8260.
2. Sign up for a Stingray Music account.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions.
4. Once the user creates an account, they will need to authenticate the app over the airwaves using their TV for free access, without having to enter any codes.
- First, turn on the TV.
- Second, launch the Stingray Music TV app.
5. The user is then taken to the Authentication screen.
- Tap “Yes, continue with free service”.
- Select Garden Valley from the list of providers.
- After the user selects their TV provider, the app will ask them to confirm that their TV is nearby. If it is, they tap “Authenticate with your TV”.
- Follow the directions displayed on the screen. When ready, tap “Start Listening”.
- The mobile device’s mic must be close to the TV speakers and aimed directly at them.