As a member- owned cooperative Garden Valley Technologies takes the safety of our employees, members and region very seriously. With the recent concerns over COVID-19, Garden Valley Technologies is following recommended protocols as outlined by the CDC and WHO. We will continue to review our best practices and adjust our course based on CDC and WHO recommendations, as we strive to protect our members and employees during this difficult time.
- Practice Social Distancing at all times (minimum of 6 feet between you and the other person)
- Cover coughs
- Avoid close contact with sick people
- Avoid touching your face [eyes, nose, mouth]
- Wash hands thoroughly (at least 20 seconds)
- Frequently clean surfaces with household cleaner/wipes
We encourage members to visit the following sites for the most accurate information on COVID-19
Special Assistance Internet Service
Garden Valley Technologies during these difficult times has implemented several Internet assistance plans to help residents and businesses located in our service area. We are focused on you and using our resources to help our communities.
If you have any questions regarding any of the assistance programs, eligibility for service or further details can be directed to Garden Valley Technologies at 800-448-8260.
GVT is offering special assistance to those families with students Pre-K-12 who currently do not have Internet service at their residence. A 50 Mbps/50 Mbps Internet speed connection will be made available free of charge, including managed Wi-Fi services, if needed.
GVT is dedicated to the communities we serve and this offer is making sure families with school-aged children in GVT’s service area have access to a reliable Internet connection, which makes it easier for schools and students to focus on e-learning or at-home classes.
To qualify for free Internet service
- For families who currently do not have Internet services with GVT, live in our service area, and have school-aged children Pre-K-12.
- The service will remain free until the 2019/2020 school year concludes or the students return to their regular school schedule.
- Installation of the free 50 Mbps/50 Mbps service will be done on a first-come, first-serve basis and can only be completed where available.
GVT is offering current Internet subscribers with students Pre-K-12 and/or is a current teacher in our service area, a free speed upgrade from their existing 50 Mbps/50 Mbps Internet speed to 250 Mbps/250 Mbps during the months of April and May at no additional cost. This offer is available with or without a telephone line (All service fees waived).
GVT is providing this speed upgrade free to families who currently have GVT Internet service, and live in GVT’s service area because we understand and support our members who may be working from home, students with online classes, and families using multiple devices, knowing it will require faster speeds.
To qualify for an Internet Upgrade
- Existing Internet customers must live in GVT’s service area, have school-aged children Pre-K-12, or be a current teacher in our service area.
- Internet speed will be increased from 50 Mbps/50 Mbps to 250 Mbps/250 Mbps during the months of April and May only and a $10.00 per month credit will be applied to the subscriber’s account. After the upgrade credit offer, regular rates for 250 Mbps/250 Mbps service will apply, unless the subscriber calls GVT at 800-448-8260 to downgrade their Internet speed. The downgrade fee will be waived.
- Internet customers can sign-up for both the Speed Upgrade plan and Income-based plan.
- Restrictions may apply. May not be available in all areas due to location and/or customer equipment.
Current Internet subscribers, affected by COVID-19, and/or customers who qualify for a low-income program, can receive a $39.00 per month credit towards their existing Internet service for up to three months. (All service fees waived)
To qualify for Income Based plan:
- Someone on the account, or someone who lives in the household, has applied for unemployment on or after February 1, 2020 or later, has worked in an industry proven to be affected by COVID-19, and/or has had their hours reduced due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- You, or a member of the household, participate in at least one of the nine social programs listed on page A11 of GVT’s 2020 Directory, or are income eligible (See page A11 for income guidelines).
- Customers currently receiving a $9.25 Lifeline Program credit are also eligible to receive the $39.00 discount for three months; however, the combination of Lifeline Program credit and COVID-19 discounts will not exceed $48.95 per month, per service.
- Internet customers can sign up for both the Income-Based plan and Speed Upgrade plan.
You must submit proof of qualifications:
- Documentation for this program can be emailed to COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide the Unemployment Determination of Benefit Account Statement, email to COVIDemail@example.com
- Provide proof of eligibility for social programs or income eligibility based on the guidelines on page A11 of GVT’s 2020 Directory OR documentation from USAC of eligibility for the Federal Lifeline Program. CheckLifeline.org
- Email documentation from employer verifying work hours were reduced due to COVID-19.
- A business subscriber who was required to close their business operation during the COVID-19 Pandemic can call to suspend their services at no charge. (All service fees waived)
- Once the business is ready to resume operations and the COVID-19 outbreak subsides, the business may call in to GVT and have their services reconnected.
- In addition, the business will receive their first month of Internet service free of charge to assist in getting their business up and running again.
(Telephone and GVTV will be charged at normal rates unless suspended.)
- A business subscriber that can provide documentation of their business being either deemed as an “essential business” and/or a business remaining open with substantial strain to their revenues. (All service fees waived)
- The business can receive a $39.00 credit per month towards their Internet service for three months.
- As a cost savings measure, the business can also have the option to downgrade to a more economical GVTV package or suspend services.
GV Cellular Data Relief Credit
As we continue our efforts to do everything we can to help our members during these challenging times. GVT has developed a relief plan to help our GV cellular customers with overage concerns.
To qualify for cellular overage credit
- The All Together Shared, Simple Shared, 4G Data Only or individual Unlimited Talk and Text plans of 1GB or higher are eligible. Customers on a Pay-per-use, 500 MB plans, etc. do not qualify. The Unlimited plans which include: Simple Shared, Charged, Supercharged, Megacharged, and Turbocharged do not incur data overages therefore do not qualify.
- GVT will add a one-time data credit to the account to offset up to 15GB of data overage charges.
- This offer will be valid for April and May cellular charges, however this date maybe subject to change due to the pandemic.
With so many people using data on their phones during social isolation, the cellular networks are working hard to keep at 100% capacity, so don’t be surprised if your data is a bit slower than normal when using your cellular data.
Community Wi-Fi Hotspots
Free community Wi-Fi hotspots are available at 11 area locations to any member who needs them.
Bagley Youth Hockey Arena | 36283 Fairground Rd, Bagley
Clearbrook Community Center | 200 Elm St SW, Clearbrook
Erskine Community Center | 105 Ross Ave, Erskine
Fertile Splash Park & Skating Rink | 400 2nd St SW, Fertile
Fosston Civic Center | 215 1st St E, Fosston
Goodridge Community Center | 201 Osmund Ave N, Goodridge
Grygla Community Center | 127 N Main Ave, Grygla
Mentor Community Center | 202 Garfield Ave N, Mentor
Oklee Senior Center | 301 Main St, Oklee
Red Lake Falls Hockey Arena | 217 Bridge St NW, Red Lake Falls
Winger Community Center | 10 E Minnesota Ave, Winger
Keep Americans Connected Pledge
Federal Communication Commissions (FCC) Keep Americans Connected Pledge. We understand the importance of keeping members connected as the country experiences serious disruptions caused by the coronavirus outbreak. In order to ensure that our members do not lose their broadband, television (GVTV) or telephone connectivity, as a result of these exceptional circumstances, Garden Valley Technologies pledges for the next 60 days to:
1) Not terminate service to any residential or small business customers because of their inability to pay their bills due to the disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
2) Waive any late fees that any residential or small business customers incur because of their economic circumstances related to this pandemic.
Effective March 16, 2020
Safety of our Employees
While keeping our members in mind, one of our priorities is the safety of our employees.
Our Erskine & TRF Retail Stores are open with limited access and our Bagley Retail Store is temporarily closed.
Please call 800-448-8260 for retail and/or service needs. Thank you for understanding
For the safety of employees and our members, payments can be made by calling our office at 800-448-8260 or by clicking the links below. A payment drop-off box is located outside the entrance of our Erskine Retail Store. Payments will not be posted until the next business day. Please do not put cash in the payment drop-box.
We continue to provide communication services to our members with the safety of our employees in mind. We will work with our customers to schedule appointments. Our technicians are practicing the COVID-19 protocols listed above to protect our members and our technicians.
Please remember to keep a 6 foot social distance from the technicians when service requires us to be in your home.