As a member- owned cooperative Garden Valley Technologies takes the safety of our employees, members and region very seriously. With the recent concerns over COVID-19, Garden Valley Technologies is following recommended protocols as outlined by the CDC and WHO. We will continue to review our best practices and adjust our course based on CDC and WHO recommendations, as we strive to protect our members and employees during this difficult time.
- Practice Social Distancing at all times (minimum of 6 feet between you and the other person)
- Cover coughs
- Avoid close contact with sick people
- Avoid touching your face [eyes, nose, mouth]
- Wash hands thoroughly (at least 20 seconds)
- Frequently clean surfaces with household cleaner/wipes
We encourage members to visit the following sites for the most accurate information on COVID-19
Keep Americans Connected Pledge
Federal Communication Commissions (FCC) Keep Americans Connected Pledge. We understand the importance of keeping members connected as the country experiences serious disruptions caused by the coronavirus outbreak. In order to ensure that our members do not lose their broadband, television (GVTV) or telephone connectivity, as a result of these exceptional circumstances, Garden Valley Technologies pledges until July 31, 2020:
1) Not terminate service to any residential or small business customers because of their inability to pay their bills due to the disruptions caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
2) Waive any late fees that any residential or small business customers incur because of their economic circumstances related to this pandemic.
Effective March 16, 2020
Special Assistance Internet Service
Garden Valley Technologies during these difficult times has implemented several Internet assistance plans to help residents and businesses located in our service area. We are focused on you and using our resources to help our communities.
If you have any questions regarding any of the assistance programs, eligibility for service or further details can be directed to Garden Valley Technologies at 800-448-8260.
Current Internet subscribers, affected by COVID-19, and/or customers who qualify for a low-income program, can receive a $39.00 per month credit towards their existing Internet service for up to three months. (All service fees waived)
To qualify for Income Based plan:
- Someone on the account, or someone who lives in the household, has applied for unemployment on or after February 1, 2020 or later, has worked in an industry proven to be affected by COVID-19, and/or has had their hours reduced due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- You, or a member of the household, participate in at least one of the nine social programs listed on page A11 of GVT’s 2020 Directory, or are income eligible (See page A11 for income guidelines).
- Customers currently receiving a $9.25 Lifeline Program credit are also eligible to receive the $39.00 discount for three months; however, the combination of Lifeline Program credit and COVID-19 discounts will not exceed $48.95 per month, per service.
- Internet customers can sign up for both the Income-Based plan and Speed Upgrade plan.
You must submit proof of qualifications:
- Documentation for this program can be emailed to COVIDemail@example.com
- Provide the Unemployment Determination of Benefit Account Statement, email to COVIDfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide proof of eligibility for social programs or income eligibility based on the guidelines on page A11 of GVT’s 2020 Directory OR documentation from USAC of eligibility for the Federal Lifeline Program. CheckLifeline.org
- Email documentation from employer verifying work hours were reduced due to COVID-19.
- A business subscriber who was required to close their business operation during the COVID-19 Pandemic can call to suspend their services at no charge. (All service fees waived)
- Once the business is ready to resume operations and the COVID-19 outbreak subsides, the business may call in to GVT and have their services reconnected.
- In addition, the business will receive their first month of Internet service free of charge to assist in getting their business up and running again.
(Telephone and GVTV will be charged at normal rates unless suspended.)
- A business subscriber that can provide documentation of their business being either deemed as an “essential business” and/or a business remaining open with substantial strain to their revenues. (All service fees waived)
- The business can receive a $39.00 credit per month towards their Internet service for three months.
- As a cost savings measure, the business can also have the option to downgrade to a more economical GVTV package or suspend services.
Our Erskine, Bagley & TRF Retail Stores are open with limited access.
Please call 800-448-8260 for retail and/or service needs.
Thank you for understanding
For the safety of employees and our members, payments can be made by calling our office at 800-448-8260 or by clicking the links below. A payment drop-off box is located outside the entrance of our Erskine Retail Store. Payments will not be posted until the next business day. Please do not put cash in the payment drop-box.
We continue to provide communication services to our members with the safety of our employees in mind. We will work with our customers to schedule appointments. Our technicians are practicing the COVID-19 protocols listed above to protect our members and our technicians.
Please remember to keep a 6 foot social distance from the technicians when service requires us to be in your home.