Garden Valley Employment
Garden Valley is a progressive communications cooperative, providing voice, video, Internet and data services in northwest Minnesota, and offers competitive wages and benefits.
Garden Valley Telephone Company is an equal opportunity provider and employer. Garden Valley’s policy does not provide for the retention of interim applications.
Sales Account Manager
Minkota Technologies – Winger, MN
Garden Valley Technologies – Erskine, MN
Minkota Technologies, Powered by Garden Valley, is seeking a full-time sales person to join their team. The Sales Account Manager will promote and sell products and services of Minkota Technologies and Garden Valley Technologies including, but not limited to, Annual Support Contracts, Hosted Voice, Internet, Video, Business Telephone Systems, Security Systems, Networking, and Hosted Information Technologies applications. The Sales Account Manager prospects for new sales opportunities, identifies sales applications, proposes solutions, closes the sale, and is responsible for on-going management of accounts.
Applicants must possess a high school diploma and two-year degree or equivalent work experience and be willing to acquire appropriate training, certifications or licenses. Knowledge of IT and telecommunications industry is preferred.
Competitive compensation consists of base salary with aggressive commission structure.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
Sales Goal Performance
- Meets established sales quotas for HPBX solutions to business and associated hardware to support the IP-based voice solution.
- Meets established sales quotas for High-Speed Internet and Voice solutions on the Garden Valley Technologies network.
- Meets established sales quotas for Video entertainment and music entertainment services to business and residential customers.
- Meets established sales quotas for Business Systems solutions that are supported on and off the Garden Valley Technologies network.
- Meets established sales quotas for Information Technologies solutions to include on-site data management services, co-location data equipment services, management services, and automated system backup services.
- Meets established sales quotas for Security Systems.
- Provides VP of Operations with weekly reporting of cold calls, prospects, proposals and signed agreements.
- Contact current and/or prospective customers to propose Minkota Technologies and Garden Valley Technologies products and services.
- Sell Minkota Technologies and Garden Valley Technologies products and services.
- Keeps contact and sale status databases current.
- Delivers accurate weekly and monthly projections for anticipated new business volume.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Establish and maintain a professional and effective working relationship with all employees of Minkota Technologies and Garden Valley Technologies.
- Effectively addresses and documents customer questions and concerns and takes appropriate action to resolve issues.
- Promote and sell maintenance contracts.
- Must protect the confidentiality of customer’s financial information.
- Wears professional attire that reflects his/her profession subject to management discretion.
Excellent Benefit Package
- Pension plan
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: noon Wednesday, February 21, 2018
Questions: call 218-687-2400
Garden Valley Technologies – Erskine, MN
Garden Valley Technologies, an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer, is now considering resumes for a part-time Service Representative. The applicant hired will generally be scheduled to work 32 to 40 hours per week, depending upon the Company’s requirements. The shift schedule for this position will consist of Monday through Friday shifts (8am to 4:30pm, 9am to 5:30pm, 12:30pm to 8:30pm, 3pm to 11pm); weekend shifts (7am to 3pm, 10am to 6pm, 3pm to 11pm); and holiday shifts (7am to 3pm, 3pm to 11pm). The shift schedule for this position is subject to change depending on the Company’s requirements. Applicants must be willing and able to work extended hours when workload requires.
Primary duties will include, but are not limited to, the following: a) work with all aspects of the Company’s service order and trouble ticket functions associated with the service center; b) perform functions associated with customer accounts, customer inquiries, sales, and service functions associated with Garden Valley’s products and services; c) use a multi-line telephone system, computer, and other technology necessary in performing all service office functions; d) work at Company-sponsored events such as customer appreciation days, parades, and fairs.
Requirements and/or preferred qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Have proficient telephone skills and the ability to communicate (both orally and in writing) with the public,
co-workers, and various business contacts in a cheerful, professional, and effective manner.
- Have knowledge of billing and other service software and their applications.
- Provide excellent customer service by assisting customers with new service requests, service changes, billing inquiries, and service questions and concerns, including performing troubleshooting steps for applicable products
and services, with dispatching to appropriate personnel.
- Promote, sell and upsell Garden Valley services to new and existing customers.
- Be able to pay close attention to detail and maintain confidentiality.
- Be dependable, willing, and flexible (without advance notice) to work any hours and shifts required by the Company, including weekends and holidays.
- Have good mathematical and analytical skills and knowledge.
- Work independently and make sound decisions using information at hand.
- Be very organized, possess time management skills, and have neat and orderly work habits.
- Have good keyboarding skills, be able to use a calculator, and work with a computer.
- Be able and willing to share job knowledge with other employees.
- Be able and willing to adjust to changes in primary duties, as required by the Company.
Preference may be given to applicants:
- With strong knowledge of billing and service software and their applications, as well as Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- With strong knowledge of Garden Valley’s products and services, including the ability to demonstrate their
features and functions.
- Who have a high level of customer service and strong sales skills.
- Who have leadership qualities, the ability to work independently, and make sound decisions.
- Who have high attention to detail and confidentiality.
Benefits include a vacation and sick leave plan and participation in the Company’s savings, pension, health, dental, FSA, disability, and life insurance plans.
Qualified employees who are interested in applying for this position may submit their written resumes, stating their qualifications, including educational background, training and work-related experience.
Resumes must be received by Steve Olson, Service & Operations Manager for Garden Valley Technologies, before 12:00 noon on March 12, 2018, via email to: email@example.com or mailed to PO Box 259, Erskine MN 56535-0259.