Garden Valley Employment
Garden Valley is a progressive communications cooperative, providing voice, video, Internet and data services in northwest Minnesota, and offers competitive wages and benefits.
Part-Time Janitor Position
Garden Valley Technologies, an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer, is accepting resumes for a part-time, non-benefited Janitor position, generally scheduled to work Monday through Friday, 4:30pm to 7:30pm.
The ideal candidate is reliable, willing to learn, and has an attitude for success.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs general cleaning duties at the headquarters building, including, but not limited to:
- Sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming floors. Carpet cleaning, as needed.
- Dusting furniture and office fixtures, light switches, window ledges, etc.
- Cleaning and sanitizing bathrooms, restock appropriate items.
- Cleaning and sanitizing counters, tables, and equipment in meeting rooms, kitchen, and lounge areas.
- Emptying trash throughout the building.
- Cleaning windows and doors throughout the building.
- Other cleaning duties, as assigned by management.
- Maintains building security by locking offices and other necessary areas.
- Maintains clean and orderly custodial areas.
- Monitors inventory of cleaning supplies and notifies custodians when low.
- Stocks kitchen and lounge areas, meeting rooms, and bathrooms with appropriate products.
- Perform various non-routine cleaning duties when needed.
- Report any areas in need of repair or replacement to custodians.
- Participates in any job-related training required by the Company.
- Ability to work extended hours according to workload and perform other related duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of cleaning products and solutions.
- Knowledge of Company policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions using information at hand.
- Neat and orderly work habits with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and use a ladder.
- Ability to operate a computer for payroll purposes.
- Knowledge and practice of safety and sanitation procedures.
- Have a valid driver’s license and be at least 18 years of age.
To apply for this position, submit your written resume, stating your qualifications, including educational background, training,
and work-related experience. Resumes must be received by Jon Smith, Facilities Manager for Garden Valley Technologies, before 12:00 noon on Monday, September 28, 2020, via email to: email@example.com.
Garden Valley’s policy does not provide for the retention of interim applications.