Minkota Technologies Employment Opportunity
COMPUTER SPECIALIST/HELP DESK TECHNICIAN
Job Type: Full-time
Minkota Technologies of Winger, MN is seeking an IT professional for the position of Computer Specialist/Help Desk Technician who will be charged with maintaining servers, desktops, virtual machines, printers, email, antivirus, and backups in a Windows environment. This position requires a minimum of two years experience in network administration. Competitive compensation commensurate with experience. Professional environment. Excellent benefits package, including pension, 401(k), health, dental and life insurance plans, and paid time off (PTO).
RESPONSIBILITIES & AUTHORITIES
- Perform desktop support, as required
- Administration of servers, desktops, virtual machines, printers, and network devices
- Trouble shoot network issues related to LAN, VPN, PoE, or Wi-Fi
- Set up Windows domain user accounts and emails
- Monitor nightly backups
- Ensure antivirus and Windows updates are kept up to date
- Purchase/install/set up servers and desktops
- Reports to the VP of Operations
- Works with all staff on IT support issues and other projects, as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Active Directory, Group Policy, and DNS administration in Windows 2008/12/16
- LAN, Wi-Fi, VPN access, and router configuration experience
- Hardware configuration and trouble shooting
- FTP administration
- Experience configuring and maintaining IIS servers
- Microsoft SQL administration experience
- Windows backup administration
- Experience with document imaging software
- Ability to work as part of a team with a good attitude
- SharePoint experience preferred
- Hyper-V/VMware configuration and administration preferred
- Experience with VoIP administration preferred
Hardware and software support: 2 years
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org before noon on Wednesday, May 3, 2017.
Please call Minkota Technologies at 218.938.4202 for additional information.
Minkota Technologies is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Garden Valley Employment – currently there are no open positions
Garden Valley is a progressive communications cooperative, providing voice, video, Internet and data services in northwest Minnesota, and offers competitive wages and benefits.
Garden Valley Telephone Company is an equal opportunity provider and employer. Garden Valley’s policy does not provide for the retention of interim applications.