Garden Valley Employment
Garden Valley is a progressive communications cooperative, providing voice, video, Internet and data services in northwest Minnesota, and offers competitive wages and benefits.
The Marketing & Communications Manager will manage all marketing and corporate communications functions for Garden Valley Technologies and Garden Valley Innovations. Coordinates with other departments in developing marketing policies, programs, and campaigns to meet overall Company goals. Performs data driven research to achieve maximum penetration and cost effectiveness of all marketing efforts. Responsible for successful cellular and retail store product lines. Manages responsibilities to improve the quality of service, member relations and promote the cost-effective operations of the cooperative. Reporting location for this position will be at our store located in Thief River Falls, MN.
- Manage Marketing & Sales Supervisor and Graphic Design Supervisor and oversee the daily workflow of the department.
- Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, hiring, and training new employees within the department, scheduling and assigning work, and handling employee issues as they arise.
- Perform constructive and timely performance evaluations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilizes all available data and metrics to help develop the marketing strategy and marketing plan for the company and to ensure that it is in line with company objectives. Plan and direct implementation of all marketing campaigns. Oversee all marketing communications, including, but not limited to: branding, public relations, advertising, trade shows, seminars and events materials, website design and content.
- Manages and monitors day-to-day department activities. Ensures staff is adequately trained, receives clear performance expectations and timely, effective performance feedback. Conducts regular department meetings along with individual meetings to communicate objectives, goals, metrics, expectations, and new initiatives. Conducts supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company’s policies, goals, and applicable state and federal laws.
- Oversees the company’s marketing budget
- Implement and maintain a measurement and reporting system to accurately compile and analyze the results of marketing programs and activities to determine key performance indicators of success.
- Gather and analyze information to identify new markets and customers, demand for products and services, continually weight the effectiveness of existing marketing campaigns and strategies.
- Conduct market and pricing research, sales forecasting, and strategic planning to assess and ensure competitive product and service pricing and the sale and profitability of products.
- Supervisory job functions listed above.
- Compose, develop, evaluate, and conduct training on marketing activities, strategies, and policies.
- Collaborate, participate in, and coordinate promotional activities or trade shows.
- Maintain industry knowledge by attending industry user and peer group meetings.
- Prepare presentations for Board as requested. Attend Board meetings, as requested.
- Prepare a departmental budget and review budget performance on a monthly basis. Share quarterly performance information with Board.
- Review departmental invoices and purchase orders.
- Oversees member newsletter, directory cover contest, and annual revisions to telephone directory.
- Assist and work with other departments to help achieve their goals and improve customer service and operating efficiency, build teamwork and a positive culture.
- Assist CEO/GM with general issues and coordinates operations of the Company in the absence of the CEO/GM, as requested.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by CEO/GM.
- A high degree of computer literacy including: knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and software, CRM applications, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Google Analytics, and Social Media applications is required. Knowledge of Calix Marketing and Support Cloud, and CrowdFiber products is optimal.
- Thorough understanding of principles and methods used to promote, display, and sell not only products and services, but also company culture, image, and community impact.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills paired with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills and the ability to effectively lead and motivate people to achieve results.
- Strong project management skills with excellent attention to detail while managing multiple priorities and the ability to drive deadlines, create executive reports, and manage issue escalations.
- Ability to function effectively as a team player and communicate with co-workers and various business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to create, implement, and monitor budgets.
- Knowledge of telecommunications industry, including video, cellular, security, Internet, telephone service, and retail sales.
- Ability to travel and attend community events.
- Maintain a valid Minnesota driver’s license.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field required, or equivalent experience. Telecommunications experience preferred. At least five to seven years related experience also required. Previous supervisory experience helpful.
- Reports to CEO/General Manager
- Directs Marketing & Sales Supervisor and Graphic Design Supervisor
- Internally: regularly confers with departments within the Company
- External: maintains great working relationships with subscribers, customers, and the general public
Garden Valley Technologies offers a competitive starting wage, an excellent benefits package including, but not limited to: defined pension plan, 401k savings plan, health and dental coverage, health savings account, life insurance, disability insurance, PTO, and more.
Submit your cover letter and written resume, stating your qualifications, including educational background, training, work-related experience, and two references, by noon on Friday, March 6, 2020, to CEO/General Manager Tim Brinkman, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Garden Valley’s policy does not provide for the retention of interim applications.