Computer/Network Support Specialist – Minkota Technologies
Minkota Technologies of Winger is seeking a Full-Time IT professional for the position of Computer/Network Support Specialist. The select candidate will be charged with maintaining servers, desktops, virtual machines, printers, email, antivirus, and backups in a Windows environment. This position requires a minimum of 7 years’ experience in an IT related field. Competitive compensation commensurate with experience. Professional environment. Excellent benefits package, including pension plan, 401(k) savings plan, health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, and paid time off (PTO).
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
HELP DESK SUPPORT Administers and responds to all IT help desk requests, including troubleshooting issues with workstations, mobile devices, VOIP phones, faxes, printers, network devices, and user software. Maintains documentation on desktop, server, and network inventory and licensing. This position deals directly with third-party vendors and may perform regular software backups, deploy security updates/patching. Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate IT Policy, procedures, and best practices required.
USER SUPPORT: Provides help desk support (in person, by telephone, remote connection, or e-mail) to staff, vendors, and other external partners and customers. Performs new user training and changes and upgrades to desktop and related systems. Supports application software program(s) including installation and updates to software, resolving issues with networked devices, users, and authentication.
NETWORK AND SYSTEM MAINTENANCE Assists in the evaluation, installation, configuration, and maintenance of system hardware and software. Assists with the planning and implementation of all helpdesk activities under the direction of other IT staff. Involves setting up AD accounts, repairing or replacing faulty hardware, and configuring network settings. Assists with acquisition, inventory, hardware and software maintenance contracts, image management, upgrade, patching, monitoring, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
Other Specific Tasks, to include the following:
- Ability to provide support to end users via on-call rotation and in emergency situations.
- Basic IP telephony support and voice mail account maintenance.
- Perform purchase evaluation and participate in negotiations.
- Work alongside IT Supervisor and other IT staff to ensure software licensing compliance.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Education and Experience
- 2 year degree in a technical or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in an IT field with direct contact with customers and end-users.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience troubleshooting PC desktops and laptops, software, hardware, Microsoft Office Suites, email, printers, and peripherals.
- Microsoft, Cisco, A+/Net+ certifications a plus, but not required.
- Experience and/or education that clearly demonstrate the employee’s ability to successfully perform the tasks and skills outlined in the job description.
Knowledge and Skills
- All Microsoft Operating Systems
- MS Office Suite Applications
- Standard desktop software (Flash, Adobe, etc.)
- Network Infrastructure design
- Microsoft Server Operating Systems 2008, 2012, 2016
- Account maintenance
- IP Addressing
- Active Directory Account Maintenance creation
- Mobile Devices (limited Android, Windows, IOS smart phone & tablet support)
- Active Directory, group policy, and the Windows security model.
- Troubleshooting TCP/IP network environment
- Troubleshooting hardware, PCs, laptops, and a variety of mobile devices.
- Server administration (moves, additions, changes) of various server based applications (Exchange, SQL, AD and local accounts, Content Management Systems, Antivirus)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Flexible schedule, as this job may require extended support hours, occasional night, weekend, and some on-call work.
- Communicate effectively with personnel, users, and display excellent interpersonal skills and awareness of controversial and/or sensitive issues.
- Exercise good judgment, flexibility, creativity, and sensitivity in response to changing situations and needs.
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Communicate clearly, accurately, and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Respond to requests and inquiries from the public.
- Interpret, explain, and ensure compliance with departmental policy and procedure.
- Handle multiple projects and assignments.
- Learn and adapt quickly to an ever changing environment.
- Pension plan
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Email resume to: email@example.com before noon on Friday, July 14, 2017.
Garden Valley Employment – currently there are no open positions.
Garden Valley is a progressive communications cooperative, providing voice, video, Internet and data services in northwest Minnesota, and offers competitive wages and benefits.
Garden Valley Telephone Company is an equal opportunity provider and employer. Garden Valley’s policy does not provide for the retention of interim applications.