Garden Valley Technologies is a progressive communications cooperative, providing voice, video, Internet and data services in northwest Minnesota, and offers competitive wages and benefits.
Garden Valley Technologies, an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer, is accepting resumes for a full-time, fully-benefited Accounting Position, generally scheduled Monday through Friday, 8am to 4:30pm. Applicants must be willing and able to work extended hours when workload requires. The formal job title for this position is Office Clerk (Accts Payable).
Excellent benefit package, including:
- Defined Pension Retirement Plan
- 401k Savings Retirement Plan
- Health Insurance (w/vision coverage)
- Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Volunteer Time Off Program (VTO)
The ideal candidate will have an attitude for success, the ability and desire to continuously learn, and a love of processes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains accounts payable/receivable records, and check and cash disbursements in accordance with established guidelines and procedures.
- Prepares various reports for use by management in assessing financial status of the Company, including maintenance and monitoring of daily cash balances and projections.
- Performs bank reconciliations, contract file maintenance, and required work needed to file 1099, TAP, sales and use tax, excise tax, and unclaimed property forms.
- Prepares audit schedules as needed.
- Handles e-rate billing activities.
- Inputs monthly journal entries into ledger.
- Provides excellent customer service and communicates (both orally and in writing) with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- May work in one or more accounting areas, including CABS and inventory; and ensures timely completion of accounting activities.
- Participates in any job-related training required by the Company and keeps abreast of technical developments and the skills needed to assume expanded job responsibilities in new service offerings.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of telco accounting practices.
- Ability to work with numbers and calculations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Company products and services.
- Highly organized with excellent attention to detail and time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Skill in problem identification with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software and various office equipment and technologies.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures, and general office practices.
- Ability to work independently, and as a team player, making sound decisions using information at hand.
- Ability to work extended hours due to job requirements.
Preferred Education & Experience:
Seeking applicant with a two-year accounting degree or four-year business degree and/or equivalent work experience in an accounting-related field.
Qualified persons who are interested in applying for this position may submit their written resumes, stating their qualifications, including educational background, training, and work-related experience. Resumes must be received by CFO Mark Klinkhammer before Noon on Monday, February 1, 2021, via email, to: email@example.com.
Garden Valley’s policy does not provide for the retention of interim applications.
Statement of Nondiscrimination and Equal Employment Opportunity
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulation and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, officers, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs (including Garden Valley Telephone Company) are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity (including gender expression), sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, family/parental status, income derived from a public assistance program, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity, in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA (not all bases apply to all programs). Remedies and complaint filing deadlines vary by program or incident.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the responsible Agency or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program discrimination complaint, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, AD-3027, found online at https://www.usda.gov/oascr/how-to-file-a-program-discrimination-complaint and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Garden Valley agrees with, and has fully complied with, all nondiscrimination and equal employment requirements. The Company has not received any complaints in regard to these provisions.
Garden Valley Telephone Company is an equal opportunity provider and employer. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business needs.